There are several ways to add an audiobook in Cantook Hub:
- through the interface;
- through ONIX 2.1;
- through ONIX 3.
Adding An Audiobook Through The Interface
- In Publications, click on the Add icon.
- Enter the name of your publication, then click on Save.
- In the Audio section, enter your publication’s ISBN and release plan.
- If you have the information, please also enter the total duration of your publication and its number of tracks.
- Click on Save, then add your audio files by clicking on Add File. You can either add a zip archive or each track individually.
Note: please always create your audio publication separately from your EPUB and PDF publications. Audio publications do not necessarily have the same metadata as ebooks, so please always create them separately to avoid any confusion on some stores.
Adding An Audiobook Through ONIX 2.1 or ONIX 3
<ProductFormDescription>Digital Audio, MP3</ProductFormDescription>
If you wish to document the audiobook’s duration in minutes (optional):
If you wish to indicate the number of tracks that the audiobook is made of (optional):
Naming Your Files
Cover file: ISBN.jpg or ISBN_FC.jpg
Audio track: ISBN_tracknumber_chaptername.extension (for example: 9782897021047_001_Introduction.mp3).
Please make sure to respect the playing order. The chapter name is optional.
Table of Content
If you wish to document your audiobook’s table of content, please go to Chapters and pages > Audio table of content.
- Click on Add;
- Enter the name of the chapter and the track number;
- Also enter the offset, which is the second when the chapter begins on the track. If each track includes only one chapter, then the offset will always be 0, but if, for example, a track includes two chapters, and the second chapters starts at the 120th second, then that chapter offset will be 120;
- Once you click on the validation icon, the platform will automatically match your chapter to the right track based on its name, which is why it is all the more crucial to name your tracks correctly.
Note: if you do not document any table of content, our platform will create it automatically based on the format file(s).
You can also document your table of content using our Excel sheet or through ONIX.
You may add MP3, WAV of FLAC files. You may add the tracks individually, or in a zip archive.
To ensure that your audiobook is made available on as many online bookshops as possible, we recommend you always document the following information:
- the edition type;
- the number of tracks;
- the audiobook total duration.
Please note that some retailers such as Findaway only accept square-shaped cover images.
Ideally, your cover file should always be 300DPI with a minimum size of 2400px to be properly displayed.