Checklist for book sellers
Please make sure you read the Presentation of the platform services to resellers document before you continue reading this document.
Here is a checklist for sellers, which includes some important things to check before going into production.
This list can be used to give you confidence about your integration, or it may perhaps raise questions or doubts on certain topics. The goal is to move the information towards your web developers to ensure that everything is ready at launch.
- The flipbook link appears automatically for books that have it available.
- The flipbook link does not appear for books that don't have it available.
- The flipbook button is implemented for all books, either in for their digital or paper formats.
- A special section to search and find electronic books has been created.
- A search tool to search through the catalog of electronic books has been created.
- All the most important metadata are displayed in the pages of the catalog (Title, Author Names, Price, Abstract, Protection (None / ACS4 / Watermark), ISBN, Publisher Name, Picture of the Cover Page, etc.).
- Author names are displayed separately from other contributors.
- The price displayed is the same as in the platform.
- A help section which displays information to users about the protection (ACS4) was created.
- Free ebooks arre supported : they are regular ebooks, but with a 0 price.
- It is not possible to order more than one copy of an eBook. (We recommend disabling the selection of a quantity greater than one copy for all electronic books.)
- The Web Service for Simulating a sale is called when the user adds an eBook to his shopping cart.
- When the Web Service for simulating a sale is called, a message is displayed to the user when the simulation failed.
- In the Web Service Sale of a publication, the parameter "transaction_id" is different for each shopping cart.
- In the Web Service Sale of publication, the parameter "customer_id" is different for each user.
- The parameter "customer_id" is always the same for a particular user.
- When a user pay, the following order is observed:
- Simulation of the sale.
- If the simulation of the sale is valid, make payment of the purchase.
- If payment is accepted and is valid, use the Web service Sale of a publication.
- If the sale was successful, display the confirmation page and / or send a confirmation message.
- API Sale of a publication is called only once: at the time of sale. (It should not be called for the download.)
- All parameters used in the Web service for a Sale are saved in the system of the bookseller. (They must be saved for use later in the API download a publication.)
- The parameter "sale_state=test" (Referring to sales of test) is removed from the transaction call, just before the book sale is officially available to the general public.
- An email address or phone number is clearly displayed so the user can contact someone for customer service at the library in case of difficulty.
- Applicable taxes are calculated when they are not already included:
- Quebec: GST and QST
- France: 7.0% since Jan. 1st, 2012
- Other : please check the applicable taxes rate on ebooks
Download of the book
- After a purchase, a download link or a download section is available (via email or a confirmation page).
- After a purchase, a download link is provided immediately (without delay) to the user.
- The process of downloading the book uses the Web service to download a publication. (The Web service Selling a publication should never be used in the download process.)
- The download link displayed to the user is an internal link to the site of the merchant, which points to a temporary page that automatically redirects the user to the download link. (The download link that is provided to the user should not be the download link obtained in response to the Web service download a publication as it will expire after 1 minute.)
- The link displayed to the user is secure. (The user must be logged onto the website of the bookseller to use this link. A user who has not logged onto the site who has access to this URL should be denied access to download.)
- A section of purchase history is available to the user, so he can find a link to download the files (in case of technical problems with his computer, for example).
- The download link works.
- Automatic synchronization is performed daily.
- Synchronization does not require any manual operation.
synchronization, all relevant metadata is stored or updated in the
bookstore system, each time a book appears in the data stream (title,
price, author name, abstract, cover image, etc.)
- When a new book appears in the feed, it is created in your catalog.
- When a book is marked as deleted in the feed, it is disabled in your catalog.
- When a book goes "on sale" in the feed, it is created in your catalog.
- When a book becomes "not available for sale", it is disabled in your catalog.
- To download the cover image, the URL provided in the feed is used instead of built based on the platform's domain name.
- If your after-sales team needs to contact De Marque to report an issue with an ebook, they will have to provide the following informations : customer_id, transaction_id used on the Sales API, and the ebook's ISBN and format. Please make sure your backend tool allows your team to retrieve those informations for a specific purchase.