This document contain the information needed to understand the Barnes & Noble requirements for distribution of electronic publications. For an overview of the interface, please refer to the Exporting files to external partnerssection.
Barnes & Noble www.barnesandnoble.com
- EPUB Files Only (ePub 2)
- Files available for sale
- Must pass ePubCheck validation
- Unique identification number (ISBN-13)
- paper ISBN (if available)
- Publication date of the EPUB format
- Publication date of the paper format (if available)
- Number of Pages
- At least one BISAC classification
Requirements for connection to the external partner
- A valid contract
- The FTP access to your account or the De Marque accounts.
- People in your organization who will have to have access to the Kobo module.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements to fulfill for a file to be shipped to a partner site?
The publication must be online, with a sales availability date, and the countries selected for sale, as well as all the metadata, must be provided (see above).
- When are the files and metadata shipped?
The metadata and files are sent when the availability date is reached.
- When is the metadata shipped again after it has been modified?
The metadata and cover page are shipped once per hour to all external partners, as soon as a change occurs.
- What delays are likely before a book is put on sale?
A few days.
- Does the partner manage pre-orders?
- Does the partner manage future availability dates?
- Can we force the shipment of files and/or metadata to the partner?
Shipments are usually sent automatically. Your platform administrator can force the shipment of new files and/or metadata if necessary.
- What countries are available? (If some are not available to you, contact your platform administrator.)