This document contain the information needed to understand the Amazon Kindle store requirements for distribution of electronic publications. For an overview of the interface, please refer to the Exporting files to external partners section.
- EPUB or Mobi Files
- Files available for sale
- Must pass KindleGen validation
- Smaller side for covers : 500 pixels
- Photographs : JPEG format, larger than 300 x 400 pixels
- Unique identification number (ISBN-13)
- Paper ISBN (if available)
- Publication date of ePub format
- Publication date of the paper format (if available)
- Number of Pages
- Price by country
- At least one BISAC classification
Requirements for connection to the external partner
- A valid contract
- Your MobiPocket account information
- People in your organization who will have to have access to the Amazon module.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the requirements to fulfill for a file to be shipped to a partner site?
The publication must be online, with a sales availability date, and the countries selected for sale, as well as all the metadata, must be provided (see above).
- When are the files and metadata shipped?
The metadata and files are sent as soon as possible, and the metadata is sent again when the availability date is reached.
- When is the metadata shipped again after it has been modified?
The metadata and cover page are shipped once per hour to all external partners, as soon as a change occurs.
- What delays are likely before a book is put on sale?
4 to 72 hours.
- Does the partner manage pre-orders?
Yes, as soon as the book is displayed on their site if the availability date is in the future.
- Does the partner manage future availability dates?
- Can we force the shipment of files and/or metadata to the partner?
Shipments are usually sent automatically. Your platform administrator can force the shipment of new files and/or metadata if necessary.
What countries are available? (If some are not available to you, contact your platform administrator.)
- United Kingdom
- United States