This document defines the specifications for the creation of PDF files destined for the platform. We have divided these specifications into three groups: "Required", "Recommended" and "Suggested".
PDF files specifications
Required specifications are mandatory to be uploaded on the platform. Recommended and suggested specifications, however, are optional, but they may add to the performance or improve the quality of your publications.
1.1 : Required Specifications
- The PDF files must be saved as PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5) or higher to be compatible with the platform.
- The PDF files must be saved in RGB color mode.
- The security must be removed from all your files before they are sent to the platform (no encryption, no password protection, no print, copy or edit restrictions).
- The platform will add the security to the files upon upload.
- The PDF file must not contain any attachments.
- No crop marks or other visual marks on the pages of the document.
1.2 : Recommended Specifications
- Cover image larger than 1400 pixels wide.
- Image resolution close to 150 DPI.
- Front and back covers included in one complete document.
- The pages of the document must all be of the same dimensions and orientation.
- The fonts must be embedded, otherwise the system may sometimes substitute fonts with standard fonts, and the final result in the Flipbook may be different compared to the original file.
- Table of contents:
- Bookmark each item listed in the table of contents.
- This table of content will be used in the platform and in ebook reading devices.
- Add the title and the author's name in the PDF file's metadata. This will be used in ebook reader's bookshelf.
- Otherwise, a stop word would appear (e.g. Unknown) in the space for title or author's name.
1.3 : Suggested Specifications
- You can keep or create links to web pages in your PDF files.
- The total number of pages in your document, including the cover pages, should be an even number.
- Optimize the file size (file size should be as low as possible).